Saturday, June 21, 2008

Holy 3 Babies!





Saturday, June 21, 2008




Cal has been home for a few days now and things are CRAZY! I didn't realize how easy two babies were until Calahan came home. It is an incredible feeling to have all three of them home. They are beautiful and amazing and a lot of work. But we are up for the challenge after everything that we have been through. We stare at them all day long in amazement; we are so lucky!




On Wednesday Paul and I packed up Aidan and Brooklyn and took them to the hospital to pick up their brother. Driving home in the car with 3 babies was surreal. We came home to the two Grandmas and it was feeding time. Let me just say...thank God for the Grandmas! All three babies eat at the same time so that we can have a few minutes in between feedings to do things around the house. Calahan has reflux so he needs to be held upright for at least an hour after he eats. We have actually been holding him upright almost around the clock and we are happy to say that he has not had an episode in more than 36 hours.




The visiting nurse came on Thursday and here are the weights of our three chubbies: Aidan is 6 lbs. 9 oz., Brooklyn is 6 lbs. 5 oz. and Cal is 5 lbs. 9 oz. With Aidan and Brooklyn taking 2.75 ounces of breast milk every three hours and Cal taking 2.5 ounces, I am having a difficult time keeping up with the demand. I had a reserve so I have been able to keep up so far, but my supply is dwindling quickly so I am going to try the herbs fenugreek and blessed thistle to increase the milk supply.




Once the visiting nurse left, I headed over to my friend Becky's house where my WONDERFUL teammates from school threw me a fabulous baby shower. It was so great to see all of my friends. As if they haven't already done enough for us: cooking dinners, visiting in the hospital, sending gift cards for food, etc. Everything was lovely and once again everyone was extremely generous. There are no words to describe our gratitude, so simply put...THANK YOU (geeze, I say that a lot).
As for postings...I am not sure how often I will be updating this sight now that all three babies are home. I will do my best. Thanks to everyone for your support and love. We are so blessed to have so many amazing people in our lives. We love you all and look forward to introducing you to our three little miracles.

6 comments:

Jan said...

What wonderful news! They are beautiful - there have been a lot of prayers going your way from Huntington Beach California!

Sadlers said...

Yea!! I am so excited for the 5 of you. I am glad Cal finally got his act together. I wish I could have been there to see you off. You will have to come in and visit. Good luck with your three beautiful little ones at home.

Michelle Sadler

Learning As I Go Blog said...

Your dream came true!!! :) What a beautiful family you have! Kevin and I are so happy for you! XO
The Kovachevich Family

Lynn from MI said...

I was just at a swim meet with the Nayhs. Two of the three girls swam. Their mom had just mentioned this morning that they had been 10 weeks early. I envision you doing something similar 10 years from now when the stress is a memory and the kids are still a joy. Congrats and God bless.
Lynn O'Meara

Nicole Tithof said...

Hello Kristin!

Congratulations!! I'm so excited that you are all finally together! They are adorable!!!!!!
I wish you the best of luck and please know that you and your family have been and will continue to be, in my prayers!

Enjoy the time with your cuties!

Nicole Tithof

Lori Goodin said...

Kristin & Paul-
The babies are so adorable! I am so happy that you finally have all of the babies at home! I am sure it is hectic but definitely worth it!
"Happy Fourth of July"
**Lori**
**PAC**