Monday, February 25, 2008

What a Day!





February 25, 2008 - 22 weeks 5 days

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PAUL! He received a wonderful present today at the doctor's office. All of the babies are doing well. Here are the stats:

Baby a -
Heartbeat 150
Measuring 22 weeks 6 days
Weight 1 pound 4 ounces
68th percentile

Baby b -
Heartbeat 158
Measuring 22 weeks 4 days
Weight 1 pound 5 ounces
75th percentile

Baby c -
Heartbeat 140
Measuring 22 weeks 3 days
Weight 1 pound 4 ounces
69th percentile

We do have a new problem. Babies b and c have too much fluid in their amniotic sacs. The normal range is 2-8. Baby b has 8.5 and baby c has 9.6. There could be several reasons for this, one of the main reasons being gestational diabetes. I asked the doctor if I should start on a diet for that and he said to wait until my next appointment (which is March 10th).

Then on to measuring the cervix. Boy, was I nervous! The ultrasound tech measured my cervix and said that it was 1.7 and it looked like it had gone passed the stitch (exactly what we didn't want to happen). She went to get the doctor and I was mentally preparing myself to spend the rest of my time being pregnant in a hospital bed away from home. The worst part was that I hadn't said a proper good bye to Daisy. However, we held it together. Dr. Nugent came in and measured it again and said that he measured it at 2.2 (only .14 difference from last time). WOW! Were we relieved!

Now, I am back at home in the same place I have been for the last 34 days and HAPPY to be here with three healthy babies!

Again, thank you for all of your prayers, calls, e-mails, visits, food, good wishes, etc. I have not been very good at returning people's calls. I am sorry about that. I am just trying to take one day at a time.

This past Saturday we had another baby shower in Canton. Thank you to everyone that attended and for the generous gifts. Also, a big thank you to the event planners: Karen, Carol, Sue, Angie and Fran. From what I hear and have seen in pictures, it was truly wonderful (as are all of you).

3 comments:

Sara Kwiatkowski said...

2.2!!!!! YEAH! I am happy that everyone is home and safe- I bet Daisy is too :) I am so proud of sweet little baby B for her 75th percentile- Atta girl! Great news you guys. Happy Birthday Paul!

Learning As I Go Blog said...

Hi Guys!!! We are so happy to hear all is well with your three little miracles!! We continue to say prayers and send lots of positive thoughts your way! Looking forward to the next update. XO Danielle Kovachevich

Kevin said...

Wow, Paul did receive a wonderful gift. The one he got this summer that Tim and I gave him, "The Cup". Knowing he would be turning 31 we decided to give him the greatest gift of all, but just for one year. He is so proud of it he displays it on his mantel for all to see. Tim and just smile when we see the joy it brings to his portly round face. "The Cup" measures around 3 1/2 inches at the top and is 8 inches tall, with a weight of 12oz. empty and 28oz. full. We are so proud of it. So again HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL! oh and the baby thing is cool too if your into all that. Love you guys.